Lightroom: How To Rename A Catalog
category: Lightroom • 1 min read
Lightroom doesn’t have a built-in way of renaming a catalog that I know off, but it’s not difficult once you know where your catalog is located.
- On Windows: With Vista and Windows 7, type the catalog name in the search box at the top right.
- On Mac: Use finder to search for your catalog.
Then you only need to rename 1 file and 1 directory:
- The catalog itself with the extension of “.lrcat”, so in my case, I’m renaming “wipzzz.lrcat” to “wip.lrcat”
- The previews directory with the name “Previews.lrdata”, so in my case, I’m renaming “wipzzz Previews.lrdata” to “wip Previews.lrdata”.
Lightroom: How To Rename a Catalog
- Then open the catalog under the new name