Here are my catalog settings:
Lightroom: My Catalog Settings Part 1
- As you can see from this catalog setting, the catalog is located over the network, for backup and size, in spite of what Adobe says. It works properly. See Storing The Catalog On A Network Drive for how to store both the photos and the catalog are set over the network.
- Lightroom is a single user application. Lightroom is NOT a multi-user application.
Lightroom: My Catalog Settings Part 2
Lightroom: My Catalog Settings Part 3
- I always customize my catalog before I import any photo.
- Setting the Standard Preview to 2048 pixels takes more disk space, and slows down Lightroom during the import but is faster when you display the larger previews. It should be set to 1.5 your screen resolution. My screen is: 1656x865. And yes, this is a non-standard resolution.
- Setting the Preview Quality to high takes more disk space, and slows down Lightroom during the import but is faster when you display the larger previews.
- Setting the Automatically Discard 1:1 Previews to never adds a huge amount of disk space, which I have plenty of.
- Setting the Automatically write changes into XMP is on just for my protection.