I really don’t like the defaults with the
Process: 2012 for my Canon 7D. The
Tint is too warm for my taste, the
Exposure is always -0.56 and the
Contrast is +24 while the
Tone Curve is linear. The
White is either -35 or +35 or +54.
Lightroom Defaults for Canon 7D
I don’t like them, so I created my own defaults for the Canon 7D in Lightroom 4.
- Do you have more than one Canon 7D. If you do, you have to decide if the defaults will be different for each camera or if they will be the same.
Lightroom: Make Defaults Specific to Camera Serial Number
- Do NOT make the photograph perfect. The goal is to take an average photo and process it to become a plain photo, that will become the starting point for the regular processing.
- Make your changes in the
Developmodule to the photograph.
Lightroom: Save New Defaults Settings for Camera
Set Default Settings... >
Update to Current Settings
- I don’t like the Lightroom camera defaults for the Canon 7D
- I like the Lightroom camera defaults for the Canon G9 and the Canon G11
- I like the Lightroom camera defaults for the Pentax K10D and the Pentax K20D
- I like the Lightroom camera defaults for the older DNG conversions ACR 4.x
- I don’t like the Lightroom camera defaults for the newer DNG conversions ACR 5.x and up
It’s not that the defaults are bad, it’s just a matter of personal taste.