In Lightroom, what’s the difference between exposure and brightness? Both seem to do the same thing, but they are not.
- Exposure and Brightness work very similarly for the shadows.
- Exposure sets the white clipping point
- Brightness changes the mid-tones while compressing/expanding the high tones to try to prevent the clipping of the highlites.
My preferences have changed over time, and I am sure that they will change again, but here they are now:
- Reset the brightness to 0
- Reset the contrast to 0
- Set the exposure
- Set the blacks
- Adjust the image with the tone curve