Lightroom: Colour Labels
category: Lightroom • 1 min read
- You can set your own colour labels with:
Metadata > Label Set > Edit
Or you can also type text directly into the label description in the Metadata panel.
- Don’t use colour label to rate your photos, that why there are stars.
- Don’t use colour label to pick or delete photos, that why there are the flags:
- Don’t use colour label to set technical parameters such as camera. That’s why there are
- Don’t use colour label to set the work that you not done yet such as no metadata, no keyword… That’s why there are
Colour labels should be used for business processes:
- Red = WEBSITE
- Yellow = STOCK
- Green = PERSONAL
- Blue = CLIENTS
- Purple = PORTFOLIO
I don’t want to muddy my keywords by adding the business processes
- If you want to carry over the labels into Photoshop, you must setup the same labels in Photoshop Bridge.
- The Adobe Lightroom team wrote a full description on how to share the labels between Lightroom and Photoshop Bridge in Sharing labels between Lightroom and Bridge