Fuji, like most of the other cameras has a sensor self-cleaning mechanism. Since the only Fuji camera with IBIS (In Body Image Stabilization) is the X-H1, the self-cleaning for the other cameras is done by creating static electricity on the sensor and stopping the static electricity and hoping that the dirt will get off the sensor.
With IBIS, the sensor self-cleaning is a two-step process. First the camera creates static electricity and stops it, as it stops the static electricity the sensor self-shakes in the hope of dislodging better whatever dust/dirt there could be.
MENU > SETUP:
- OK: Cleans the sensor
- WHEN SWITCHED ON: The sensor cleaning will be performed when the camera is turned on
- WHEN SWITCHED OFF: The sensor cleaning will be performed when the camera is turned off
If you select the “WHEN SWITCHED OFF” and the camera is in the playback mode, then there will not be any sensor cleaning.
- Turn off the camera before changing the lens
- Never leave the camera without a lens or the protective body cap
- Don’t change lenses in a dusty environment
- Point the camera down when changing lenses
- Point the camera down when blowing air from an air-blower
- Never use compressed air like the cans of compressed air for computers
- Never touch the sensor