The Canon Timers
category: Cameras • 1 min read
The Canon 7D has 4 different timers:
- 4 seconds
- 6 seconds
- 10 seconds
- 16 seconds
The 4 seconds timer
- The LCD panel and viewfinder information display their information after the half shutter button press.
- The review time for the photos. Configured through the Shoot 1 (red) menu as a 2 seconds (the default), a 4 seconds or an 8 seconds.
- Exposure compensation after pressing the shutter button
- Metering timer. Configured through the Shoot 4 (red) menu.
The 6 seconds timer
- The <AF Drive> button
- The <WB> button: the white balance
- After pressing a button and selecting with the main dial (next to the shutter)
The 10 seconds timer
- The <Q> button
The 16 seconds timer
- The <M-Fn> button for the Flash Exposure Lock (FEL)
- Metering time in Live View/Movie shooting
- All dSLRs have similar timers. Not just Canon but also Nikon, Sony, Pentax…
- With the more expensive dSLRs, you can customize many of these timers.