A dozen of photographers and the cameras ranges from nothing to $$$
A dozen people are taking photos and the cameras ranges from nothing to $$$.
- 1 guy calling his wife or girl friend and describes what he sees
- A kid watching with binoculars
- A lady using her iPhone
- A lady using a small Sony point and shoot
- A guy with a small video camera and a ‘real’ camera
- 3 people with Canons. A couple of ‘big ma’ (Sigma 50-500) and one 100-400 with the 2x converter
- A couple people with Nikons. One ‘big ma’ (Sigma 50-500) and one 70-200
There were a lot of other ‘bunches’. People seem to like to cluster in group. If that location is good enough for one photographer, it must be good for a dozen…
What are they watching and trying to photograph? A trio of sleepy Snowy Owls.
I also came for the Snowy Owls but the ‘zoo’ was lot more interesting. How many photos can one take of 3 sleepy Snowy Owls? This was around 11am. They become ‘really alive/awake’ at sunset and at night when they hunt and feed on mice and rats.
Before (left) and After (right)
Camera: Canon 7D ISO 400 and 1/200
Lens: Sigma 120-400mm f/4.5-5.6 DG OS HSM APO @120mm and f/13
Processed with Darktable 2.2.3: http://www.darktable.org/