In January 2017, German researchers studied the selfies and found that:
- 77% of the smartphone users took a selfie at least once a month
- 49% of the smartphone users received at least one selfie every week
- People thought that their own selfies were somewhat ironic and playful
- 82% of the people would rather see ‘more usual pictures’ then selfies on social media
- 90% of the people thought that others’ selfies were for self-promotion
- 46% of the people thought that their own selfies were for self-promotion
Tourists in Vancouver, BC and the Obligatory Selfie
What’s a selfie?
- Photos of one-self
- It’s a photo of one-self in front of the Eiffel Tower or the Grand Canyon. You can’t see the Eiffel Tower or the Grand Canyon is the selfie, just the person.
Before (left) and After (right)
Camera: Canon 7D ISO 125 and 1/250
Lens: Canon 70-200mm f/4 @160mm and f/6.3
Processed with Darktable 2.2.3: http://www.darktable.org/