In January 2017, German researchers studied the selfies and found that:
- 77% of the smartphone users took a selfie at least once a month
- 49% of the smartphone users received at least one selfie every week
- People thought that their own selfies were somewhat ironic and playful
- 82% of the people would rather see ‘more usual pictures’ then selfies on social media
- 90% of the people thought that others’ selfies were for self-promotion
- 46% of the people thought that their own selfies were for self-promotion
Tourists in Vancouver, BC and the Obligatory Selfie
What’s a selfie?
- Photos of one-self
- It’s a photo of one-self in front of the Eiffel Tower or the Grand Canyon. You can’t see the Eiffel Tower or the Grand Canyon is the selfie, just the person.
Camera: Canon 7D ISO 125 and 1/250
Lens: Canon 70-200mm f/4 @160mm and f/6.3
Processed with Darktable 2.2.3: http://www.darktable.org/