How do you know if you have the highlight tone priority on? The Highlight Tone Priority is set with:
C.Fn II -3 Highlight tone priority set to 1.
You can quickly check if it’s on with the “
D+” next to the ISO speed. If you see the “
D+“, then the highlight tone priority is set. You will see it in:
- The quick menu
- The top LCD panel
- The view finder
- The highlight tone priority improves the highlight detail.
- The dynamic range is expanded between the standard 18% grey and the highlights.
- There can be more noise in the shadows.
- The ISO range shrinks to 200 - 6400.
- You cannot have both the Highlight Tone Priority and the Auto Lighting Optimizer active. If the Highlight Tone Priority is selected, then Auto Lighting Optimizer is disabled.